Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Say It Isn't So!

Fans of quality film criticism and of great writing in general suffered a blow yesterday as the mystery man behind Arbogast on Film posted his final blog entry, citing personal reasons for closing shop. Even though AoF's subheading promised "an investigation into the mystery of cinema that can only end with my death," I have to say I'm happy that much less drastic circumstances were responsible for the end of my favorite blog.

While no new entries will be coming (unless Arbo experiences a change of heart down the line), the good news is that AoF's blog archive will remain online as a resource. Personally, I think Arbo ought to compile his many posts and put 'em in a book. I know for damn sure that's a volume of film criticism I'd be happy to own.

2 comments:

Kev D. said...

He will be missed...

Jeff Allard said...

That he will. I wish that mystery man the best of luck.